Health and Safety/Human Resource Manager - 2018 Job Position Fullfilled - May 2016
Globally recognised technical textile manufacturing company, J&D Wilkie Ltd, are seeking to appoint a Health and Safety Manager preferably with HR experience to provide leadership and management of Health and Safety (HS) and Human Resources (HR) within the company.
The successful individual will have the ability drive forward a new safety culture for the company to match the strategic requirements for future growth.
Reporting directly to the Board of Directors, the role of the HS/ HR Manager is a member of the Senior Management Team and will work closely with the operational managers giving guidance and hands on support to them in order to implement new HS/HR Policies:
Role and Responsibilities
Building strong, respectful and lasting relationships with internal and external stakeholders, coupled with ensuring effective communication programs exist to promote HS/HR at all levels, is a vitally important. Specifically the successful candidate will undertake the following key tasks:-
Health & Safety
- Working closely with managers employees and other stakeholders to establish and maintain a system that promotes a culture of safe working practices across the organisation;
- Ensuring the UK Plant is compliant with current health and safety legislation
- Developing, implementing and maintaining an effective Health and Safety management system
- Providing technical advice on HS matters; assist in the identification, assessment and control of hazards and ensure adequate risk assessments and safe operating systems are in place;
- Identifying HS training needs, developing competency assessments and supporting delivery of training programs;
- Leading the prevention of incidents, supporting investigation process and ensuring that effective management of corrective actions, permits and guidance;
- to identify risk and to share best practices
- Developing and managing a Company Training Plan
- Reviewing/ developing a new induction process;
- Developing, planning and managing the annual Appraisal programme;
- Keeping the HR Systems and processes up to date and compliant.
Personal Skills and Abilities
- Significant HS experience and working knowledge of HR within the manufacturing industry is essential;
- A NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent;
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills together with passion and tenacity to influence colleagues at all levels to drive cultural change
- Proactive leadership style, highly visible, committed to promoting positive attitudes, safe behaviour and continuous improvement.
The salary package will be determined by your experience, knowledge and the added value you can bring to the business..
Apply for this job
To apply for the position please email your CV and a covering letter to Mike Kiely or phone for an application form.
Telephone: 01575 570 206
J&D Wilkie Ltd Marywell Works, Kirriemuir, Angus, Scotland, UK, DD8 4BJ